The Assistance to Nationals Unit (ANU)
The ANU of the Philippine Embassy attends to cases involving Filipinos in distress. Its scope of assistance includes, among others:
- Assistance to Filipinos facing criminal cases
- Assistance in filing complaints before the police or other appropriate venues
- Assistance in human trafficking cases
- Assistance in immigration-related cases
- Monitoring and following-up of cases/complaints
- Assistance in repatriation to the Philippines
- Assistance in the Shipment of Remains
- Assistance in locating whereabouts of missing Filipino nationals
- Assistance in appeal for financial support
- Prison visitation
- Conciliation services
- Provision of legal advice
The ANU is available from Mondays to Thursdays, 8:00am to 5:00pm, and on Fridays, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
For concerns that need urgent attention after office hours, or during Saturdays and Sundays, and declared holidays, Filipinos in distress may call the mobile hotline (+673) 8714881 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.